Monday, March 7, 2016

Losing the Battle

As I sit here, I feel the tightness of my pants on my waist. My weight is slowly creeping back, and I don't like it. Time to get serious. I went to a store with my husband, who was looking to buy some jeans. Well, while he was trying on clothes, I was browsing. Everything I touched, or looked at brought about an emotion...and not a good one. Clothes shopping is hard if you are overweight. Really hard. I have to mentally prepare myself to go clothes shopping. I am not a very "trendy" clothes type of person, but to find clothes that flatter a short overweight woman is not easy. There were so many things in this store that I would have worn...had I not been overweight. 

I remember a few years back when I lost 90lbs, that feeling that came over me when I could shop in a normal people store. I was elated. I could try on anything. No 1X, 2X, or 3X...just regular sizes. You would have thought that that feeling would stop me from ever gaining a pound. Well, it didn't, and here I am. I WANT to feel that again. I do. I just need to figure out what is going on inside my head that is stopping me from getting this done. 

I am feeling pretty focused today. This week I am going to work on finding my routine...tracking, exercise, keeping busy. 

I was reading an article over the weekend and it mentioned an app that helps you track your water, so I downloaded it. It's called Plant Nanny. It's kind of fun. When you log your water in the app, a cute little plant grows. Kind of fun! I also downloaded an app that compliments me called I Am. It is in the App Store. I can't find a link to it, but it looks like this...

 You can set up this app to send you a notification several times a day to tell you something positive. Just started using it today as well. Will keep you posted on whether it helps or not! 

Here's to finding my routine and my focus. 

Goals this week:
* Track
* Exercise at least 3-4 days
* Keep busy
* Make good choices...no excuses!


No comments:

Post a Comment