Monday, December 14, 2015

Weight Watcher's Beyond the Scale Program

I haven't written on the blog for quite some time. I have decided to fire it up again. I have been on and off of Weight Watchers for years. About 8 years ago, I successfully lost 90+ pounds. Unfortunately, life threw me a few punches, and I was right back where I started. I have beat myself up for years for letting that happen. I was so happy after I lost all that weight. I was 10 pounds from my goal weight. For years I would ask myself "what happened?". Why did I gain it all back? All of that questioning, and self-doubt is what landed back where I started.

Last January I decided it was time, so I started back up...online only. I liked the meetings, but too easily they got off track. Plus, I already knew all of the meeting topics...I knew all of the information...I knew what I had to do. The big question was...why wasn't I doing it then? When I started back I told myself, this time, I am going to dig deep. I am going to really learn the what's and why's to my weight issues. I truly believe that 90% of this weight loss thing is mental. I want to lose the weight. I want to be healthy. From January to May, I lost 35lbs. I was very proud of myself. I was exercising, eating right, and feeling great. Then, my college daughter moved back home for the summer...and I lost my motivation. I maintained throughout the summer, and to this day. I have only fluctuated 2-3lbs. I consider that a success in and of itself! That sums up the last few years...now onto the future!


Today I am back on track. Feeling good. I have been reading people's responses to the new program. While I really haven't given it a go until today, I think in the long run, it will be a good program. The point of being at WW is learning how to eat better and moving more. I am at 30SP and 42WP. Not really too far off from where I was before. I have noticed that some of my "regular" foods have gone up in points, and that's ok.

Here is my thinking on the new program. I will make changes, but I am going to ease myself into it. The way I see it, I was doing well with the old program (when I was 100% into it), and I will probably just continue on as I was then. I will track everything that I eat, keeping in mind what the points were in the past as well. Slowly I will find better options to swap out for some of my "regulars". I can't go whole hog into this program yet. I want to feel it out first. Nobody is going to slap me on the hand if I go outside of the program. I have to do what is comfortable for me. That is what is important.

People seem to be up in arms about this new program. Seriously? Are you not here to learn how to eat better? I don't think WW is trying to starve you, or upset you by raising the points on your favorite foods. They are trying to help you see that maybe the foods you are eating are not the best choice for a healthy lifestyle...which is what we are all striving for....right?
 
Say hello if you are stopping by...tell me your weight loss goals and successes! 

Quote of the day....Dream Big...Start Small...Work Hard...Stay Focused...Keep Going Forward

 


No comments:

Post a Comment