Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let's Try This Again!

Well, things have not been going well for me. I feel out of control, well, because I am out of control. I don't like this feeling at all. The sad part is, I know what I need to do to get to where I want to be. So, the big question is, why am I not doing it?

That is a question I ask myself a lot. I can't figure out why I can't get back to the mindset I was in 3 years ago. Why is that so hard? Why do I let my eating take control of my life? Why can't I just take two bites of a "treat" and be done with it? Why do I find it necessary to eat that whole piece of cake? I am well aware that after the first couple of bites, I am just eating it to eat it. I used to live by that! Now, it's like I fight it. I "justify" why I can eat that whole piece of cake. Then, after I eat it, I feel awful. As I write this, I am thinking...you know, this is what is said at almost every meeting. Why then, do I allow myself to do this? What is going on in my head?

Weight loss is so much more than diet and exercise. It is a struggle with your emotions more than anything. I will probably struggle with this my whole life. I have to come to grips with that realization. I have to start living a healthy lifestyle again. I felt so much better when I was on plan, and exercising every day.

Going to start taking baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment